CME Online: Pneumococcal and influenza vaccination
7 November, 2018
In the latest CME Online module, Professors Gernot Rohde and Peter Openshaw will guide you through interactive cases on pneumococcal and influenza vaccination.
Through an interactive case simulation and engaging case discussion, participants will learn to:
- Recognise the burden and importance of influenza and pneumococcal pneumonia as causes of serious lung disease
- Identify risk factors for severe disease and targeted vaccination
- Explain the uses and limitations of vaccination in preventing viral and bacterial lung disease
- Discuss the ways in which viruses and bacterial infections of the lung interact
- Outline the indications for and appropriate use of antivirals
Participants with a myERS account will also be able to take a test on the topic at the end of the module, which is accredited with one CME credit. A CME certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the CME test.