Information for applicants and key deadlines
- The second round of the RESPIRE4 Fellowship programme is closed. ERS is no longer accepting applications.
- The RESPIRE fellowship programme is open to researchers with a PhD or four years of full-time research experience from any discipline.
- Fellowship recipients have the flexibility to choose and develop their own research project, but research must be related to the respiratory field.
- Projects should be completed in 24 months (European Fellowships) or 36 months (Global Fellowships).
- Fellows can choose to conduct their research project at an ever-expanding list of pre-registered host centres. Access the RESPIRE Web Host Registry to see the available host centres.
1 May, 2022
Notification of application decision:
Hear from past RESPIRE fellows
Meet the ERS RESPIRE fellows
RESPIRE4 Host Centre Registry
To coincide with the start of the RESPIRE4 fellowship programme, ERS launched the brand new RESPIRE4 Web Host Registry in early 2020. The registry includes the list of registered host centres where RESPIRE4 fellows can choose to conduct their research projects. Host centres can register to join the RESPIRE4 Web Host Registry until spring 2022.
Why register as a RESPIRE4 host centre?
The RESPIRE4 programme is a competitive, EU Horizon 2020 funded initiative which supports future leaders in science and medicine to advance their research careers. By joining the RESPIRE4 Web Host Registry, institutions can be approached by prospective RESPIRE4 applicants to develop a joint application for the RESPIRE4 fellowship programme. Host centres must be signed up to the RESPIRE4 Web Host Registry in order to host RESPIRE4 fellows.
What if my host centre registered for a previous RESPIRE programme?
Host centres that were included in previous RESPIRE host registries benefit from a fast-track review process as they do not need to undergo a scientific review. However, in line with the EU grant agreement and to ensure that we have the most up to date details, host centres that previously registered must:
- commit to the latest RESPIRE4 administrative criteria (see Section A – administrative checklist).
- complete and submit a new application for the RESPIRE4 Web Host Registry (see Section B – online host centre application).
Host centres can request a copy of their previous RESPIRE host centre application by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
Prospective host centres must complete and submit the administrative checklist (see Section A) and online host centre application (Section B) to be considered for the RESPIRE4 Web Host Registry.
The administrative checklist should be completed first. This document should then be uploaded as part of the online host centre application.
Applications will be accepted until spring 2022, following the third round of RESPIRE4 fellowships.