2 March 2023
ERS is advertising an open position within the organisation as Director of Scientific Relations with the European Union (EU).
Deadline: 1 April
This role plays an essential part in supporting ERS’ mission to promote lung health, to alleviate suffering from disease, and to drive the standards of respiratory medicine around the world.
The Director of Scientific Relations with the EU is a member of the Advocacy Council and acts as the main reference point for EU related advocacy and science matters – liaising between the Advocacy Council and the Science Council, with support from both departments.
As the sole director of the advocacy council, the Director of Scientific Relations with the EU is dedicated to boosting public and political awareness on the importance of lung health, the need to tackle risk factors and to promote respiratory research.
Suitable candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
- You are an ERS member
- A proven track record of respiratory research published in journals
- Practical/ field experience in trans-national multi-centre clinical research at European level
- Understanding of the translational respiratory needs i.e. bridging the gap between basic and clinical research
- Understanding and interest in advocacy and its value to the Society
- Interest in developing the ERS science-advocacy interface with the aim to achieve better recognition and awareness from external audiences e.g. funders, European Union decision makers etc.
- Interest in representing ERS to non-respiratory/ non-medical audiences
- Available to attend meetings in Europe
- Able to attend the Advocacy Council meetings (3 meetings a year) and should attend the Science Council meetings wherever possible
- Able to devote requisite time to duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
To read the job role and responsibilities in full, see the attached pdf.
Please note that this role is voluntary.
Applications, consisting of a short CV and motivation letter should be sent to Marta Montanari by 1 April 2023.