Long COVID has been described as persistence of symptoms after infection with SARS-CoV2. This condition whilst first described in adult populations has been increasingly described in the literature as being important in children and adolescents. Over 200 manifestations of this have been described in the literature, and there seems to be a higher prevalence in the adolescent years compared to younger children.
The audience will gain updated knowledge on:
- The practical diagnosis of Long covid syndrome
- Multisystemic impact of long covid in children and adolescents
- Long term outcomes of long covid in children across various populations of children and adolescents
- Research priorities and gaps in long covid syndrome in children and adolescents
Long COVID clinical presentation, diagnosis, management and outcomes in children and adolescent populations
In this webinar 2 speakers from ERS and PATS will discuss Long covid syndrome in children and adolescents with two perspectives from low and a high resource setting. The webinar will be interactive by including voting questions in the presentations and by promoting an active Q & A session.
Following this webinar, participants will be able to know the latest research and knowledge on Long covid syndrome in children and adolescents.
This webinar is organised directly by the Pan African Thoracic Society (PATS). For any questions including registration, technical and log in details, please contact PATS directly in this link.
Diseases / methods
- Paediatric respiratory diseases
- Paediatric pulmonologists
- Respiratory physicians
- Physical therapists
- General practitioners