Educating healthcare professionals and researchers about drug-induced and iatrogenic respiratory diseases (DIRD) fosters a better understanding of the underlying mechanisms, risk factors, and potential management strategies. It helps them to understand the relationship between drugs and lung health, the risks associated with drug use and how to prevent drug-related lung diseases.
The Drugs and lungs – liaisons dangereuses webinar series is a seven-part programme that will take place from 26 June 2023 to 29 April 2024.
This webinar series aim to help participants develop a better understanding of the relationship between drugs and lungs. This knowledge can help them identify the signs and symptoms of drug-induced lung diseases (DILD) and provide appropriate care to patients.
- DILD Toolbox and essentials to start with
- DILD in interstitial lung diseases
- DILD in cancer treatment
- Drug-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- DILD and systemic diseases
Following these seven webinars, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the impact of drug-induced diseases on lung health.
- Identify the different types of drugs that can cause lung disease.
- Understand the mechanisms by which drugs affect lung health and the impact of drug use on lung function.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of respiratory problems related to medications.
- Optimise treatment by choosing alternative medications that are less likely to cause respiratory side effects.
Format and schedule
Each of the seven webinars will cover different aspects of drug-induced or iatrogenic respiratory diseases.
- Session one: Drug-induced lung diseases (DILD) – Toolbox and essentials to start with
- Session two: Interstitial lung diseases – Inflammation, fibrosis and oedema
- Session three: Interstitial lung diseases – Drugs and chemicals
- Session four: DILD in cancer treatment
- Session five: Drug-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Session six: DILD and systemic diseases
- Session seven: Respiratory injury from illicit drugs and substances
Check the Programme tab for more details regarding each session.
An application will be submitted to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive will correspond to the time you spend viewing the sessions live.
Video recordings of each session will be made available to registered participants within two weeks of each session.
Below you can register for each session individually or benefit from reduced fees by registering for multiple sessions or the full series.
|Full series||Register here|
|Session 1 (26 June 2023)||Registration closed|
|Session 2 (4 September 2023)||Register here|
|Session 3 (23 October 2023)||Register here|
|Session 4 (27 November 2023)||Register here|
|Session 5 (22 January 2024)||Register here|
|Session 6 (18 March 2024)||Register here|
|Session 7 (29 April 2024)||Register here|
Session one: Drug-induced lung diseases (DILD) – Toolbox and essentials to start with
26 June 2023
Chairs: Prof. Philippe Camus (Dijon, France), Prof. Katerina Antoniou (Heraklion, Greece)
- Where are we now, after 70 years of literature (incl. Pneumotox)
Philippe Camus (Dijon, France)
- DILD and DIRD imaging
Sara Piciucchi (Forlì, Italy)
- How to secure and grade the diagnosis. How patients should be managed
Athol Wells (London, United Kingdom)
Register now: session 1
Session two: Interstitial lung diseases – Inflammation, fibrosis and oedema
4 September 2023
Chairs: Dr Elisabetta Renzoni (London, United Kingdom), Prof. David Montani (Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France)
- Deciphering mild to acute drug-induced lung disease
Elisabeth Bendstrup (Aarhus, Denmark)
- The spectrum of drug-induced eosinophilic respiratory disease
Philippe Bonniaud (Dijon, France)
- Pulmonary fibrosis: causality assessment of drugs
Katerina Antoniou (Heraklion, Greece)
Register now: session 2
Session three: Interstitial lung diseases – Drugs and chemicals
23 October 2023
- Classic drugs causing toxicity: amiodarone, antimicrobial agents etc…
- Newcomers: MTOR; TMP-SMX, antidepressants, NOACs
- E-cigarette and other inhaled lung injuries
Register now: session 3
Session four: DILD in cancer treatment
27 November 2023
- DIRD in the treatment of solid tumours (incl pmmune checkpoint inhibitors)
- DIRD in liquid or hematologic malignancies (incl bleomycin)
- The multifaceted injury from radiation therapy to the chest
- Dilemmas in ILD patients needing cancer treatment or other drugs
Register now: session 4
Session five: Drug-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
22 January 2024
- Drug-induced pulmonary vascular disorder
Register now: session 5
Session six: DILD and systemic diseases
18 March 2024
- Drug-induced systemic conditions
- Drug-induced respiratory disease in systemic and connective tissue disease
- Methotrexate and the lung
- Drug-induced pleural disease
Register now: session 6
Session seven: Respiratory injury from illicit drugs and substances
29 April 2024
- Respiratory injury from illicit drugs and substances
Register now: session 7
Register now: full series
|Single session||More than 1 session*|
*Registering for multiple sessions: a discount will be applied automatically after the first registration.
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Thoracic oncology
- Research fellows
- Allied respiratory professionals