This course offers the latest insight into pulmonary rehabilitation, bringing together the viewpoints of both clinicians and physiotherapists. Participants will be provided with a comprehensive overview of when and how treatments should be delivered, taking into account the latest guidelines in the field, as well as promising new tools and approaches. The academy is aimed at all respiratory professionals wishing to acquire knowledge of traditional and emerging models of pulmonary rehabilitation.
Participants have the opportunity to attend Part one, delivered online from 13–14 June, 2024. Part two will take place during the ERS Congress in Vienna, Austria and it will consist of skills workshops in which participants will be divided into three groups and rotate between workshops.
Participants may register for Part 1 (Online) exclusively or Part 1 (Online) + Part 2 (Vienna).
- Part 1 (Online):
- Live streamed lectures
- Case report presentations
- Discussion and Q&A
- Part 2 (Vienna, Austria): Skills workshops
- Taking place at the ERS Congress in Vienna, Austria on Saturday 7 September, 2024.
- The skills workshops will not be live streamed.
Please note that all timings are in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Recordings of each session will be made available to registered participants after the event, with the exception of the on-site workshop sessions.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Improve access to and delivery of pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Implement various components for patient assessment and delivery of pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Appreciate the value of novel models of pulmonary rehabilitation and methods for assessing relevant outcomes in the pulmonary rehabilitation setting.
- Deliver pulmonary rehabilitation to different respiratory diseases and to respiratory patients with comorbidities.
- Implement adjunct interventions to optimise the benefit of pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Implement maintenance strategies to preserve the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Perform clinical assessment and deliver a range of exercise training modalities.
- Respiratory physiologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Research fellows
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers and carers
- Healthcare managers
- Exercise physiologists and occupational therapists
- Trainees in the above specialties
An application will be submitted to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for CME accreditation of this event.
Part 1: The number of credits that you will receive will correspond to the time you spend viewing the sessions live.
Part 2: The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the skills workshop. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance to ensure that you receive the correct amount of CME credits.
A limited amount of bursaries are available, which cover the registration fees for the Academy of adult respiratory medicine.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Under 40 years old
- A member of ERS
Please note that only one bursary may be allocated per person, per calendar year.
To apply, sign in to your myERS account when registering for this course. If you meet the criteria listed above, you will have the option to apply for the bursary at the time of registration.
You will be prompted to complete a digital form as part of the bursary application and to upload your CV. Please complete the form, attach your CV and then submit.
Please note that only completed application forms with an attached CV will be considered.
- Bursary application deadline: 7 March, 2024
- Bursary application notification: 25 March, 2024
Academy of pulmonary rehabilitation fees:
|Category||Part 1||Part 1 + Part 2|
|Early Career ERS Members||€430||€480|
Upon receipt of a written cancellation, a refund of fees, minus €50 administrative fee, will be applied up to six weeks before the course. After this date, no refund will be made for cancellations.
By agreeing to attend this course, you agree to comply with reasonable instructions and safety policies of local host facilities. The organiser does not endorse any hotel, restaurant or other facility which may be recommended. If the course involves patients acting as volunteers, you agree to respect their wishes, dignity and needs.
You may access the General Terms & Conditions at anytime.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com