The Academy of adult respiratory medicine is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of each of the major fields of respiratory medicine based on the HERMES syllabus. This academy is aimed at all respiratory professionals wishing to update their knowledge, particularly those preparing for the European examination in adult respiratory medicine. The programme is designed to challenge participants and provide a learning framework, and includes interactive case-based sessions, workshops and Q&A discussion sessions.
Participants will have the opportunity to review online learning modules at their own pace before attending Part one, online from 27-29 June 2023. Part two will take place during the ERS International Congress in Milan, Italy and it will consist of workshops in which participants will be divided into three groups and rotate between workshops.
You can also register for the ERS HERMES self-assessment course in adult respiratory medicine taking place on Thursday, 29 June 2023. This will be an excellent opportunity to test what you’ve learnt during Part one of the Academy and prepare for the European examination in adult respiratory medicine. The self-assessment course consists of a one-hour mock examination (30 case-based multiple-choice questions selected from the pool of the HERMES examination in respiratory medicine), followed by a two-hour discussion with an ERS expert.
- Pulmonary function testing
- Respiratory failure
- Lung imaging
- Respiratory infections and tuberculosis
- Pleural, mediastinal and chest wall diseases
- Thoracic tumours
- Airway diseases
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Sleep-related disorders
- Smoking cessation (new in 2023)
- Pulmonary rehabilitation (new in 2023)
- Pre-recorded online modules
- Part 1: Lectures
- Part 2: Case-based workshops (attendance optional)
- Taking place at the ERS International Congress in Milan, Italy on Saturday, 9 September 2023.
- Participants are not required to purchase a Congress registration to attend Part two.
- The case-based workshops will not be live streamed.
- Participants attending Part 2 will accrue 4.5 additional CME credits.
Please note that all timings are in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Recordings of each session will be made available to registered participants after the event, with the exception of the on-site workshop sessions.
Following this course participants will gain detailed knowledge of:
- The major fields of respiratory medicine
- The HERMES syllabus modules
- Best practice in how to prepare for the European examination in adult respiratory medicine
This event has been accredited with 19 CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP):
- Part 1: 14.5 CME credits
- The number of credits that you will receive will correspond to the time you spend viewing the sessions live.
- Part 2: 4.5 CME credits
- Participants will need to sign the register of attendance on Saturday, 9 September to receive the CME credits.
Academy of adult respiratory medicine fees:
|Early Career ERS Members||€430||€480|
|Industry (ERS Members & non-Members)||€1,100||€1,100|
Early-bird fee: available until Thursday, 1 May 2023, 23:59 CEST. Then, standard fee applies.
ERS HERMES Self-assessment course fee: €50.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Registering for someone else? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited amount of bursaries are available, which cover the registration fees for the Academy of adult respiratory medicine.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Under 40 years old
- A member of ERS
Please note that only one bursary may be allocated per person, per calendar year.
To apply, sign in to your myERS account when registering for this course. If you meet the criteria listed above, you will have the option to apply for the bursary at the time of registration.
You will be prompted to complete a digital form as part of the bursary application and to upload your CV. Please complete the form, attach your CV and then submit.
Please note that only completed application forms with an attached CV will be considered.
- Bursary application deadline: 25 April, 2023
- Bursary application notification: 25 May, 2023