CME Online: Smoking cessation in respiratory patients
15 May, 2018
Assistant Professor Paraskevi Katsaounou and Professor Sofia Ravara lead the latest CME Online module, which looks at the management of smoking cessation treatment in patients with a lung condition.
Through an engaging panel discussion and comprehensive online presentation, participants will learn to:
- identify tobacco use and second-hand smoke exposure as the main cause of respiratory diseases;
- recognise tobacco use as an addiction and a chronic disease, which demands a chronic disease approach;
- provide advice interventions for smoking cessation, as well as intensive behavioural support and treatment with medications;
- use a patient-centred, empathetic and motivational approach;
- intervene with patient smokers, including those who are and those who are not motivated to quit
Participants with a myERS account will also be able to take a test on the topic at the end of the module, which is accredited with one CME credit. A CME certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the CME test.