CME Online: Chronic OCS-dependent asthma and the new era of biologics
11 February, 2019
The latest CME Online module is presented by Professors Mina Gaga and Fan Chung, and covers the burden of severe asthma and use of oral corticosteroid (OCS) therapy.
Through an engaging panel discussion video and presentation webcast, participants will learn to:
- Recognise the burden of severe asthma and OCS-dependent asthma, and corticosteroid insensitivity;
- Discuss the use of oral corticosteroid therapy in severe asthma;
- Identify the clinical phenotype of oral corticosteroid-dependent asthma;
- Examine the long-term side effects of OCS;
- Discuss the management of OCS-dependent severe asthma patients;
- Appraise the new era of T2-targeted biologics in severe eosinophilic asthma and understand their role in treating OCS-dependent asthma.
Participants with a myERS account will also be able to take a test on the topic at the end of the module, which is accredited with one CME credit. A CME certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the CME test.