Clinical Training Fellowship
ERS clinical training fellowships enable members in the early stages of their careers in respiratory medicine to visit a host institution in a European country other than their own to learn a skill or procedure not available at their home institution. The medical training should benefit the home institution when the successful applicant returns there.
Terms and conditions
- All applicants must be ERS members at the time of application.
- Candidates should be qualified clinicians or healthcare professionals currently employed in respiratory medical practice.
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility; however, preference will be given to applicants who are in the early stages of their career.
- Open to all nationalities and for European and non-European based candidates.
- When applying, candidates must already hold an agreement with the host institution where the fellowship will be carried out.
- Candidates must have adequate fluency in a language that permits effective communication at the host institution.
- On completion of the Fellowship, applicants must return to their home institution to apply the newly acquired skills.
- It is the responsibility of applicants to identify a skill or procedure existing in a potential host institution that can be transferred to the home institution. It is also their responsibility to identify fellowship supervisors in the respective institutions.
- Fellowships will last up to 6 months. Duration may not be reduced nor split.
- Fellowships must commence after funding decision dates, allowing for sufficient time to complete travel, visa, passport and housing formalities. The Fellowship must be started within 1 year from the positive notification date.
- The fellowship is to be carried out in a full time basis. The total ERS grant amount should cover travel and accommodation costs and provide enough money to live on during the Fellowship.
Application documents (cf. Application Guidelines)