This course is aimed at qualified medical doctors/pulmonologists with previous experience in performing regular bronchoscopies, who want to further train in diagnostic and therapeutic interventional pulmonology. The course is devoted to hands-on workshops and theoretical teaching of different interventional procedures in accordance with international requirements.
The participants will have the opportunity to practice live flexible and rigid bronchoscopy on piglets and airway models.
- Indications, contraindications, limitations and risks of diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy (flexible and rigid)
- Introduction to bronchoscopic equipment
- Principles of patient preparation for bronchoscopy and evaluation prior to each procedure
- Principles of sedation
- Anatomical findings of the airways
- Description of the different bronchoscopy techniques
- Selection of appropriate patients for each procedure
- Interpretation of results
- Support post-procedure care and management of complications
- Management of anticoagulation therapy before and after the procedure
- Effective communication with the patient about the risks, benefits and results of the procedure
An application will be submitted to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the onsite course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Upon receipt of a written cancellation, a refund of fees, minus €50 administrative fee, will be applied up to six weeks before the course. After this date no refund will be made for cancellations.
By agreeing to attend this course, you agree to comply with reasonable instructions and safety policies of local host facilities. The organiser does not endorse any hotel, restaurant or other facility which may be recommended. If the course involves patients acting as volunteers, you agree to respect their wishes, dignity and needs.
You may access the General Terms & Conditions at anytime.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.