Many upcoming young respiratory researchers, especially in the field of paediatric pulmonology, require better knowledge and deeper understanding of basic research and what it entails.
- To describe what the field of basic research in paediatric pulmonology entails
- To explain the need to start an early research career in paediatric pulmonology
- To describe the steps needed to accomplish the research career
- Panel discussion with two speakers with experience in translational and basic research in paediatric pneumology. Each speaker will approach this topic from different perspectives.
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Gain a broader and deeper perspective of sub-areas in paediatric pulmonology;
- Gain a better insight in basic research topics, especially in resource-limited settings.
An application for accreditation of this webinar has been made to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for 1 CME credit per 1-hour attendance. If accredited, the CME credit will be granted upon attendance of at least 60 minutes during the live webinar only.
What is a webinar?
A webinar closely simulates a lecture-based teaching experience. The speaker can interact with the audience, just as in a classroom setting. During the webinar, you will be asked to share your opinion on issues related to the topic using interactive polls.
All participants will be able to hear the lecturer and see the slides throughout the presentation. As a participant you will be able to pose questions or discuss ideas with the other participants via the text chat facility and the speaker will respond to the questions via the microphone.
More information will be communicated in due course.
- Please log in to the webinar 20 minutes before it is scheduled to commence. If you have any technical difficulties whilst trying to log in or during the session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check Central European Summer Time.
- To achieve the best quality, we recommend to avoid downloading anything from the internet during your connection to the lecture and stopping all other programmes.
- Please also ensure that your audio settings are not set to mute and adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
Diseases / methods
- Paediatric respiratory diseases
- Resident doctors