Interstitial lung diseases (ILDs) are complex and heterogeneous diseases. The use of traditional diagnostic classification in ILD can lead to suboptimal management, which is worsened by not considering the molecular pathways, biological complexity, and disease phenotypes. The multidisciplinary approach to ILDs, beyond the pharmacological management, may improve patient’s outcomes. A multidisciplinary care team model is a potential way to implement a “treatable traits” strategy into clinical practice with the aim of improving patients’ outcomes.
- Introduce the concept of health literacy by the patients, who will participate for the first time in a multi-assembly webinar with such an active role.
- The concepts of frailty, compassion and empathy will be discussed and integrated in the current literature of ILDs.
- Ventilatory support, a contradictory item in Pulmonary Fibrosis, starting from non-invasive to mechanical ventilation in ILD patients will be discussed.
- Current PR models
- Non-pharmacological treatments and health literacy – Ilaria Galetti
- Beyond pharmacological treatment in Pulmonary Fibrosis: the holistic approach – Katerina Antoniou
- Ventilatory support in ILD – Kaltsakas Georgios
- Do current PR models meet the needs of patients with ILDs? – Maria Koulopoulou
- ILD specialists
The webinar will include 45 minutes of lectures, and 15 minutes of interactive discussions with participants.
An application for accreditation of this webinar has been made to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for 1 CME credit per 1-hour attendance. If accredited, the CME credit will be granted upon attendance of at least 60 minutes during the live webinar only.
What is a webinar?
A webinar closely simulates a lecture-based teaching experience. The speaker can interact with the audience, just as in a classroom setting. During the webinar, you will be asked to share your opinion on issues related to the topic using interactive polls.
All participants will be able to hear the lecturer and see the slides throughout the presentation. As a participant you will be able to pose questions or discuss ideas with the other participants via the text chat facility and the speaker will respond to the questions via the microphone.
More information will be communicated in due course.
- Please log in to the webinar 20 minutes before it is scheduled to commence. If you have any technical difficulties whilst trying to log in or during the session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check Central European Time.
- To achieve the best quality, we recommend to avoid downloading anything from the internet during your connection to the lecture and stopping all other programmes.
- Please also ensure that your audio settings are not set to mute and adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
- Interstitial lung diseases
- ILD specialists