The European Respiratory Society (ERS) Presidential Summit 2021 focused on digital health, seeking to define the innovations that are realistic for digital respiratory medicine in the here and now and those that are to be considered more aspirational and futuristic.
Through a variety of sessions, live talks, and panel discussions, alongside opportunities for audience interaction via Q&As and polling, the Summit addressed:
- How can the virtual respiratory team affect change and improve respiratory health, better than we did before?
- Through the pandemic, what have we gained from the digital health experience and what have we lost?
- What is a digital respiratory physician? What is a digital trainee?
- What virtual tools can be applied now, how can we evaluate these and what should we expect in future?
- What are the key points in ethics, regulation, and policy that we need to consider?