The Academy of paediatric respiratory medicine is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of each of the major fields of paediatric respiratory medicine, based on the HERMES syllabus. This academy is aimed at all paediatric respiratory professionals wishing to update their knowledge, particularly those preparing for the European examination in paediatric respiratory medicine.
The course programme is designed to challenge participants and provide a learning framework. It includes interactive case-based sessions and discussions, lectures with key updates in the field, a Q&A session for participants, and a broad selection of pre-recorded lectures.
Participants will have the opportunity to review online learning modules at their own pace before attending Part one, online from 27–29 June, 2023. Part two will take place during the ERS International Congress 2023 in Milan, Italy and will consist of workshops in which participants will be divided into groups and rotate between workshops.
You can also register for the ERS HERMES self-assessment course in paediatric respiratory medicine taking place on Thursday, 29 June 2023. This will be an excellent opportunity to test what you have learnt at the Academy and prepare for the European examination in paediatric respiratory medicine. The self-assessment course consists of a one-hour mock examination (30 case-based multiple-choice questions selected from the pool of the HERMES examination in respiratory medicine) followed by a two-hour discussion with an ERS expert.
- Acute respiratory infections
- Airway endoscopy
- Bronchial asthma and wheezing disorders
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Congenital malformations
- Cystic fibrosis
- Evaluation of respiratory signs and symptoms
- Lung function testing
- Lung imaging
- Rare diseases and lung transplantation
- Sleep medicine
- Pre-recorded online modules
- Part one:
- Lectures with key updates, interactive polls and Q&A discussion time
- Case-based sessions
- Part two: Workshops (attendance optional)
- Taking place at the ERS International Congress in Milan, Italy on Saturday, 9 September, 2023
- Participants are not required to purchase a Congress registration to attend Part two.
- The workshops will not be live streamed.
- Participants attending Part two will accrue 4.5 additional CME credits.
Please note that all timings are in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Recordings of each session will be made available to registered participants after the event, with the exception of the on-site workshop sessions.
Following this course, participants will gain detailed knowledge of:
- The major fields of paediatric respiratory medicine
- The HERMES syllabus modules
- Best practice in how to prepare for the European examination in paediatric respiratory medicine
This event has been accredited with 19.5 CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP):
- Part one: 15 CME credits
- The number of credits that you will receive will correspond to the time you spend viewing the sessions live.
- Part two: 4.5 CME credits
- Participants will need to sign the register of attendance on Saturday, 9 September to receive the CME credits.
Academy of paediatric respiratory medicine fees:
|Early Career ERS Members||€430||€480|
|Industry (ERS Members & non-Members)||€1,100||€1,100|
Early-bird fee is available until Thursday, 1 May 2023, 23:59 CEST. Then, standard fee applies.
ERS HERMES Self-assessment course fee: €50
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Registering for someone else? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited amount of bursaries are available, which cover the registration fees for the Academy of paediatric respiratory medicine.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Under 40 years old
- A member of ERS
Please note that only one bursary may be allocated per person, per calendar year.
To apply, sign in to your myERS account when registering for this course. If you meet the criteria listed above, you will have the option to apply for the bursary at the time of registration.
You will be prompted to complete a digital form as part of the bursary application and to upload your CV. Please complete the form, attach your CV and then submit.
Please note that only completed application forms with an attached CV will be considered.
- Bursary application deadline: 25 April, 2023
- Bursary application notification: 25 May, 2023
Would you like to get involved in the programme?
By submitting a clinical case, if selected, your work could be presented in the case-based discussions at the Academy of paediatric respiratory medicine.
Take this opportunity and submit a five-minute pre-recording of your case covering any of the topics from the Academy modules.
Please access the recording guide with instructions on how to record your presentation with PowerPoint and the case report template. Please make sure that the case does not contain any patient data and that the topic is specified.
To get your case discussed during the Part two of the course in Milan, Italy please upload your narrated presentation here before Wednesday 23 August, 2023.
The organising committee will select cases to be presented and discussed. We will inform you once the chosen cases are confirmed. Please make sure that you will attend onsite.