Task forces including one or several other societies should be submitted through the usual ERS Task Force application form using the ‘Apply’ button above. ERS accepts applications once a year, with the annual deadline being 1 February.
An exception applies for ERS/ATS projects, where a special submission process takes place every year in July/August. The call typically opens 1 month before the deadline.
ERS recommends the application of the same methodology for joint Task Forces as for ERS-only projects. In case of doubt or question, the ERS in-house methodologist can be contacted.
Related documents on ERS methodology:
ERS recognises that the involvement of patients in Task Forces is valuable, and we work very closely with the European Lung Foundation (ELF) to ensure that patient perspectives are represented in ERS guidelines.
Related documents on patient involvement:
- ERS Handbook for Clinical Practice Guidelines
- ERS Task Force Guidance
- Instructions for joint ERS/ATS applications
- Confidentially form
- FAQs on ERS document development
- Suggested timelines/milestones for producing guidelines
- Suggested timelines/milestones for producing statements
- Suggested timelines/milestones for producing technical standards