Clinical Research Collaborations
Clinical Research Collaborations (CRCs) fund a network of researchers, from both within and outside the Society, to work on projects aiming to improve knowledge in respiratory health and medicine. CRCs sustain a large variety of projects but are intended to support activities that have historically received less visibility.
ERS may support the work of a Clinical Research Collaboration (CRC) in areas of respiratory medicine where a pan-European multi-centre network of principal investigators aims to advance science and clinical research within a specific disease area. An ERS CRC offers a touchstone for a network of researchers in a specific disease area, and may also integrate non-ERS members, representing different scientific disciplines that complement the network with multidisciplinary and multifunctional know-how and expertise.
How to apply
An application form should be sent to the Chair of the Science Council and the ERS scientific department (firstname.lastname@example.org). After reviewing, the proposals (and the budget, if a financial request is made) will be considered at the next meeting of the Science Council. The CRC will be approved once the Executive Committee has endorsed the recommendations of the Science Council. The time taken for the approval procedure may vary, depending on the possible changes requested by the Science Council.
Annual Application Deadline: 15 October use the online form
Accepted proposals for 2015
- The Global Lung Function Initiative (GLI) Network
- Enhancing participation of asthmatic children in therapeutic trials of new biologics and receptor blockers(SPACE -Severe Paediatric Asthma Collaborative in Europe)
- ERS pan-European IPF registry and biobank (ARIANE-IPF)
- RATIONAL-an ERS Research Network for Real Life Assessment of Targeted and Immunotherapies in Lung Cancer Care
- The European Research Collaboration for Children's Interstitial Lung Disease (ChILDEU)
Accepted proposals for 2014
- The European Network for ICU-related respiratory infections (ENIRRIs)
- Tuberculosis Network European Trials group (TBNET)
- European Sleep Apnoea Database (ESADA)
Accepted proposals for 2013
- International Collaboration to Improve Respiratory Health in Children (INCIRCLE)
- European Multicentre Bronchiectasis audit and Research Collaboration (EMBARC)