The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted much of the research and development done in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention, diagnostics, and treatment measures, as well as shifted the focus away from TB care.
On World TB Day 2021 (24 March) the MEP Lung Health Group shone a light on this important issue with the free event, ‘Tuberculosis research and investment – lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic’, hosted by MEP Manuel Pizarro (S&D, Portugal, and co-chair of the MEP Lung Health Group).
- Dr Raquel Duarte, Secretary of ERS Assembly 10 (respiratory infections)
- Suvanand Sahu, Stop TB Partnership
- Mike Frick, Treatment Action Group
- Scott Boule, The Global Fund
- Lisa Goerlitz, Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung