We are offering members the chance to win free registration to the ERS International Congress, by contributing articles to the new wiki dedicated to respiratory medicine.
Entitled Respipedia, the online encyclopaedia of respiratory knowledge is increasing in size since its launch in July 2015.
All articles published before 30 March, 2016 will be entered into the Respipedia competition; during April, votes will be cast to nominate the best article submitted to date. Both the author and reviewer of the winning article will win free registration to this year’s ERS International Congress, taking place in London between 3 and 7 September, 2016.
As part of the launch all members were invited to participate in the development of the site by creating content and collaborating with colleagues to submit articles. The site is becoming a valuable tool within the ERS network and more contributors are now needed to help continue this growth.
All articles are peer-reviewed and created on the principle of collaborative article editing, reviewing and validating by a page reviewer, and updating through a continuous editing process. Authors also benefit from the credit of having their names associated with articles published on the wiki.
During this initial development phase, articles are restricted to ERS members only, but it is planned to open this to the wider community at a later stage.
Terms and conditions for the Respipedia competition:
- Only articles which have been published by 30 March, 2016 will be entered into the competition.
- ERS are not responsible for finalising the reviewing process in order to meet this deadline.
- Articles will be judged and voted for by ERS officers: Assembly Heads and Secretaries, and Group Chairs and Secretaries.
- Both the author and the reviewer of the winning article will receive free registration to the ERS Congress 2016, London. Note: the prize is free registration only to be redeemed at the registration desk at Congress and does not include travel, accommodation or any additional expenses.
- Winners will be notified by email by the end of May, 2016.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the competition prize if there is proof of plagerism or copyright infringement.