Recent acknowledgements in the fitness of patients with early non-small cell lung cancer has widened the horizon of minimally invasive surgical treatment and alternative treatment for patients who are unfit for surgery.
Participants will update their knowledge on:
- Surgical treatment of early non-small cell lung cancer
- Alternatives to surgery for patients who are unfit for surgery
- Interactive case presentations and discussion
- Introduction by the Chair – Stefano Elia (Rome, Italy) – 2 minutes
- Stereotactic ablation – Matthias Guckenberger (Zurich, Switzerland) – 10 minutes
- Radiofrequency ablation – Thierry De Baere (Paris, France) – 10 minutes
- Sublobar VATS resections – Nuria Novoa (Salamanca, Spain) – 10 minutes
- Non intubated and tubeless VATS resections – Eugenio Pompeo (Rome, Italy) – 10 minutes
- Q&A – 15 minutes
- Take home messages and closing – 3 minutes
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Undertake correct assessment steps in surgical treatment of early non-small cell lung cancer
- Recommend appropriate novel treatment modality in management of patients with early non-small cell lung cancer who are unfit for surgery
An application for accreditation of this webinar has been made to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for 1 CME credit per 1-hour attendance. If accredited, the CME credit will be granted upon attendance of at least 60 minutes during the live webinar only.
What is a webinar?
The webinar closely simulates a lecture-based teaching experience. The speaker can interact with the audience, just as in a classroom setting.
This webinar comprises of a 40-minute lecture followed by a 20-minute question-and-answer sessions. During the webinar you will be asked to share your opinion on issues related to the topic using interactive polls.
All participants will be able to hear the lecturer and see the slides throughout the presentation. As a participant you will be able to pose questions or discuss ideas with the other participants via the text chat facility and the speaker will respond to the questions via the microphone.
More information will be communicated in due course.
- Please log in to the webinar 20 minutes before it is scheduled to commence. If you have any technical difficulties whilst trying to log in or during the session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Central European Summer Time.
- To achieve the best quality, we recommend to avoid downloading anything from the internet during your connection to the lecture and stopping all other programmes.
- Please also ensure that your audio settings are not set to mute and adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
Diseases / methods
- Thoracic oncology
- Cell and molecular biology
- Thoracic oncologists
- Thoracic surgeons
- Clinician Physicians in Pulmonary Training
- Medical students