This ERS/ESCMID joint masterclass will provide the knowledge and skills required for the effective management of bacterial, viral, fungal pulmonary and pleura infectious. The radiological and pathological differential diagnostic aspects will be explored. Moreover, course attendees will take part in hands-on workshops focused on pulmonary and pleural ultrasound, and there will be active case-based discussions.
In addition to these 3 days, a stand-alone day will be offered on Friday 29 May 2021, focusing on tuberculosis. Participants registered on this 3-day course benefit from a discount of €100 for the additional day course on TB. Please head to the course page to register.
This course has been granted 18 CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP). The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the onsite course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
- Plenary sessions
- Interactive workshops and hands-on training
- Case presentations and discussion
- Advanced residents
- Bacterial pulmonary infections
- Viral pulmonary infections
- Invasive and non-invasive fungal pulmonary infections
- Complicated pulmonary effusions and empyema
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and treat several bacterial, mycobacterial, viral and fungal pulmonary and pleural infections.
- Gain knowledge on the management of particular patient populations such as patients after lung and stem cell transplantation.
If you require visa documents for your travel please ensure that these are organised in advance, the ERS is not responsible for obtaining or financing your visa.
|Early Career ERS Members||€500|
|Industry (ERS Members & non-Members)||€1,100|
Register before the early-bird deadline on 25 February, 2021 to benefit from a €50 discount on registration fees.
A limited number of bursaries are available which provide either full financial support to attend the course or cover the cost of the registration fee. To be eligible to apply you must be:
- Under 40 years old.
- A member of ERS.
- From an eligible country.
Please note that only one bursary can be allocated per person per calendar year.
Selection from the pool of applicants will be made by the organising committee based on the submission of:
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page personal statement explaining how you would apply the knowledge gained from this course.
- Bursaries application deadline: 22 November, 2019
- Notification of selection results: 16 December, 2019