This ERS/ESCMID joint masterclass will provide the knowledge and skills required for the effective management of bacterial, viral, fungal pulmonary and pleura infectious.
This masterclass will explore radiological and pathological differential diagnostic aspects. Attendees will be able to learn from experts performing live procedures such as pulmonary and pleural ultrasound. Also, participants will be able to join case-based discussions in small groups with experts. This virtual masterclass will be delivered in two blocks of two days each, amounting four days in total.
In addition to this virtual masterclass, a stand-alone one-day course will be offered on Saturday 29 May 2021, which will focus on tuberculosis (TB). Participants registered for this virtual masterclass benefit from a discount of €100 for the additional day course on TB. Please head to the course page to register.
This course has been granted 18 CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP). The number of credits that you will receive will correspond to the time you spend watching the course while it livestreams.
- Plenary sessions
- Interactive workshops and hands-on training
- Case presentations and discussion
- Advanced residents
- Bacterial pulmonary infections
- Viral pulmonary infections
- Invasive and non-invasive fungal pulmonary infections
- Complicated pulmonary effusions and empyema
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and treat several bacterial, mycobacterial, viral and fungal pulmonary and pleural infections.
- Gain knowledge on the management of particular patient populations such as patients after lung and stem cell transplantation.
|ERS early career members||€500|
|Industry (ERS members and non-members)||€1,100|
Register before the early-bird deadline on 25 February, 2021 to benefit from a €50 discount on registration fees.
A limited number of bursaries were available for this course, providing either full financial support to attend the course, or to cover the cost of the registration fee.
Please note that bursary applications have now closed.
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- Under 40 years old.
- A member of ERS.
- From an eligible country.
Please note that only one bursary can be allocated per person per calendar year.
Selection from the pool of applicants will be made by the organising committee based on the submission of:
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page personal statement explaining how you would apply the knowledge gained from this course.