This course will provide an overview of the field of Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILDs). Participants will learn which diagnostic procedures should be applied based on given clinical circumstances and will receive updates on specific diseases and treatment. This interactive course includes round table discussions from the faculty panel in Mainz, Germany. Course attendees will have the opportunity to present their cases and discuss them with leading experts.
- ILD diagnosis
- Update on diagnostic procedures in ILDs, including a cryo-biopsy procedure
- Current, novel and future therapies
- Specific diseases and conditions
- Rare and unclassifiable ILDs
- Overview of different ILDs
- Diagnostic procedures in ILDs, including modern bronchoscopic techniques, HRCT, pathology, pulmonary function testing
- Basic research in ILDs and its implications
- Significant comorbidities in ILDs
The programme runs over three days onsite in Mainz, Germany.
The format will include:
- Case presentations, with discussions
- Round table discussions
- Interactive workshops
- Live transmissions
Please note that all timings are in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
- Pulmonologists in training
- Radiologists specialised in thoracic imaging
- Pathologists specialised in thoracic pathology
An application will be submitted to EBAP (European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology) for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the conference. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Following this course, participants will:
- Be able to diagnose ILDs correctly and be aware of the advantages and limitations of the different approaches
- Be familiar with the current standards and challenges of ILD treatment and promising new targets
Participant case submission
Take this opportunity and submit a five-minute pre-recording of your case presentation for the Interactive ILD Board sessions by Friday 23 February, 2024.
Upload your narrated presentation here.
The organising committee will select cases to be shown and discussed. We will inform you once the chosen cases are confirmed. Please make sure that you will be available to attend the session live and do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions.
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz
Langenbeckstraße 1, 55131 Mainz
Tel. +49 (0) 6131 17-0
To make a reservation, please contact the hotel either by phone or email (mentioned above) and quote the keyword “ERS”. Please note that the room charges are not included in the registration fee and are subject to availability. Below you will find the room rates (breakfast and VAT included) for the hotel:
- Standard single room €119 per night
- Standard double room €146 per night
ERS is not responsible for the room availability at this hotel. The hotel will book rooms on a first-come, first-served basis. Credit card details will be required as payment for the room will be taken at time of booking.
Please note that ERS is not responsible for organising hotel bookings and you are encouraged to make all necessary reservations as soon as possible. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please note that this course will not be streamed.
Only fully registered participants will be granted access to educational material of the in-person programme held in Mainz on 10–12 April 2024.
Upon receipt of a written cancellation, a refund of fees, minus €50 administrative fee, will be applied up to six weeks before the course. After this date no refund will be made for cancellations.
By agreeing to attend this course, you agree to comply with reasonable instructions and safety policies of local host facilities. The organiser does not endorse any hotel, restaurant or other facility which may be recommended. If the course involves patients acting as volunteers, you agree to respect their wishes, dignity and needs.
You may access the General Terms and Conditions at any time.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.