Treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) in adults is evolving, as new therapies have been explored and introduced in clinical practice, while other approaches have been refined or reconsidered. In the recent European Respiratory Society (ERS) guideline on non-CPAP therapies for OSA, recommendations are presented determined by a systematic review of the literature. The resulting guideline addressed gastric bypass surgery, custom-made dual-block mandibular advancement device, hypoglossal nerve stimulation, myofunctional therapy, maxillo-mandibular osteotomy, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, and positional therapy. These approaches will be discussed during this webinar, as well as the ERS recommendations for daily practice.
- To review the indications and use of non-CPAP therapies in adults with obstructive sleep apnoea
- To understand the advantages and limitations of each therapeutic modality
- To discuss the feasibility to implement these interventions
- Expert interview, with a case-based introduction. During the webinar different interactive questions will be presented and discussed.
Approach to treatment in adults with obstructive sleep apnoea, including use of gastric bypass surgery, custom-made dual-block mandibular advancement device, hypoglossal nerve stimulation, myofunctional therapy, maxillo-mandibular osteotomy, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, and positional therapy.
Following this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Offer other treatment modalities to their patients beyond CPAP therapy
- Know the indications and limitations of non-CPAP therapies
- Learn about new treatment options for management of obstructive sleep apnoea including hypoglossal nerve stimulation, myofunctional therapy and sleep position therapy.
This webinar has been accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP), 1 CME credit per 1-hour attendance. The CME credit will be granted upon attendance of at least 60 minutes during the live webinar only.
What is a webinar?
The webinar closely simulates a lecture-based teaching experience. The speaker can interact with the audience, just as in a classroom setting.
This webinar comprises of a 45-minute lecture followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer sessions. During the webinar you will be asked to share your opinion on issues related to the topic using interactive polls.
All participants will be able to hear the lecturer and see the slides throughout the presentation. As a participant you will be able to pose questions or discuss ideas with the other participants via the text chat facility and the speaker will respond to the questions via the microphone.
More information will be communicated in due course.
- Please log in to the webinar 20 minutes before it is scheduled to commence. If you have any technical difficulties whilst trying to log in or during the session please contact email@example.com.
- Check Central European Time.
- To achieve the best quality, we recommend to avoid downloading anything from the internet during your connection to the lecture and stopping all other programmes.
- Please also ensure that your audio settings are not set to mute and adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
Diseases / methods
- Sleep and breathing disorders