Nowadays, healthcare workers all over the world widely use eHealth in their routine practice. It happens because eHealth offers time savings, provides insight into own health and leads to lower administrative burden. Implementation of eHealth in health care means cost-effective and secure use of information and communication technologies in support of the health and health-related fields including healthcare, health surveillance and health education, knowledge and research.
This webinar will be focused on eHealth for COPD. COPD has a huge burden affecting all ages – children, teens, adults and seniors. This disease has a major impact not only on the individual with the disease, but on the family, the community, and the healthcare system. eHealth may reduce this burden making health care accessible from home or other places, affordable by decreasing costs, while the quality remains high when the effectiveness is established in research.
- To discuss the potential for implementation of e-Health technologies in a routine care for patients with COPD.
- To appreciate the novel methods for telemonitoring, tele-rehabilitation, use of wearable technologies, m-Health for different groups of patients with COPD.
- To understand the main challenges for adoption and implementation of e-Health solutions in clinical practice.
The webinar will consist of a two 20-minute lectures and a 20-minute discussion based on questions from the audience.
- Self-management by eHealth
- e-Health solutions for predicting and preventing acute exacerbations of COPD
- Tele-assisted palliative homecare
Following the webinar, participants will be able to:
- List the novel e-Health interventions for patients with COPD
- Acknowledge the advantages and challenges to the implementation of e-Health for patients with COPD
- Understand how to use e-Health interventions in a routine care for patients with COPD
This webinar is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP), 1 CME credit per 1-hour attendance. The CME credit will be granted upon attendance during the LIVE webinar only (attendance of at least 60 minutes is required).
What is a webinar?
The webinar closely simulates a lecture-based teaching experience. The speaker can interact with the audience, just as in a classroom setting.
This webinar comprises of a 40-minute lecture followed by a 20-minute question-and-answer sessions. During the webinar you will be asked to share your opinion on issues related to the topic using interactive polls.
All participants will be able to hear the lecturer and see the slides throughout the presentation. As a participant you will be able to pose questions or discuss ideas with the other participants via the text chat facility and the speaker will respond to the questions via the microphone.
More information will be communicated in due course.
- Please log in to the webinar 20 minutes before it is scheduled to commence. If you have any technical difficulties whilst trying to log in or during the session please contact email@example.com
- Check Central European Summer Time.
- To achieve the best quality, we recommend to stop all other programmes and to avoid downloading anything from the internet during your connection to the lecture.
- Please also ensure that your audio settings are not set to mute and adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
Diseases / methods
- Airway diseases
- Respiratory nurses
- Respiratory therapist
- Respiratory physiotherapist
- Medical technical assistant
- Adult pulmonologist/clinician
- Clinical researcher
- General practitioner
- Medical student
- Physician in pulmonary training