The European Commission’s recently published Beating Cancer Plan provides a comprehensive and much-needed roadmap for addressing the burden of cancer in the European Union. The plan centres on four key areas of action – prevention, early detection, access to treatment, and improving quality of life – in its efforts to beat cancer and improve patient outcomes. But what does the plan offer for lung cancer, which continues to be Europe’s most fatal cancer?
In this ERS panel discussion, chaired by ERS Advocacy Council Chair Prof. Arzu Yorgancioğlu, expert panellists will address this important question. Participants will share their perspectives in a virtual roundtable and discuss what Europe’s Beating Cancer plan means for the future of lung cancer care in the EU.
- Paolo Guglielmetti, principal administrator in the Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan Taskforce, DG SANTE, European Commission
- Prof. Joanna Chorostowska-Wynimko, ERS Secretary General
- Prof. Jan Van Meerbeeck, Head of ERS Assembly 11 (Thoracic oncology)
- Prof. Torsten Gerriet Blum, Secretary of ERS Assembly 11 (Thoracic oncology)
- Prof. Hans-Ulrich Kauczor, European Society of Radiology (ESR), former ESR Research Committee Chair
- Mike Morrissey, Chief Executive, European Cancer Organisation
- Richard Price, EU Affairs Policy Manager, European Cancer Organisation