About the programme
The programme is built around five key topics, including obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA), central sleep apnoea, hypoventilation syndromes, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and noninvasive ventilation (NIV), and diagnostic techniques.
Pre-requisites for all participants
- Participants must successfully complete part one module(s) to progress to the related part two module(s).
- Participants must have access to a sleep laboratory or patients with sleep disorders within their institution to complete part two modules.
- The training programme should be completed within one year.
All health professionals working in respiratory sleep medicine are eligible for the training programme.
Participants can register for one or several of the five modules that are available. Each module is divided into two parts, both of which are assessed and certified.
The second part of this training programme offers participants the opportunity to put theory into practice. Participants build competence in respiratory sleep by completing an online portfolio with cases or short assignments. The online portfolio will be assessed by an expert who will provide feedback. Participants who successfully complete the online portfolio will receive a training programme certificate for each module that is completed.
Please find more information on part two programmes for each module below:
|Obstructive sleep apnoea|
Central sleep apnoea
|CPAP and NIV|
The training programme is accredited with 69 continuing medical education credit (CME) in total, which are divided between the five modules as follows:
|Module||Part one credits||Part two credits|
|Obstructive sleep apnoea||4||5|
|Central sleep apnoea||4||5|
|CPAP and NIV||6||15|
Registration and fees
Part one: Registration is open via myERS through the Postgraduate week.
- Locate Congress and conferences
- Select ‘Register for Postgraduate week’
- Select ‘PG1 Sleep disordered breathing in obstructive and restrictive lung diseases’
- Choose your preferred module
Participants who fail the part one assessment the first time can register to re-sit for an administrative fee of €50.
Part two: Participants having successfully completed Part 1 of a programme module can register for Part 2 via myERS.
|Category||Part one (per module)||Part two (per module)|
|ERS members, respiratory professionals under 40 years of age, physiotherapists, technicians, nurses||€100||€120|