ERS Congress special feature: COVID-19 live programme
Sunday 6 September
20 August, 2020
The European Respiratory Society (ERS) is pleased to announce a day’s worth of free online sessions dedicated to SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 that will take place in addition to the three-day Congress programme.
The COVID-19 live programme has been created in recognition of the huge impact that the disease continues to have on the work of the respiratory community and will be accessible to all. A number of presentations throughout the day will provide respiratory healthcare professionals with all the latest information on the following COVID-19 topics:
- Basic science – including virus biology and host response.
- Epidemiology – including European and world views, the tracking of symptoms, risk factors for getting infection and severity biomarkers once infected.
- Management prevention – including public health approaches, prophylactic drug interventions and vaccine trials.
- Management – including respiratory support (pre-ventilation, ventilation and ECMO), anti-virals, anti-inflammatories, other drugs and convalescent plasma.
- Impact in children and in those with premorbid respiratory disease – including ILD, lung cancer and airways disease.
- Post-COVID – including care pathways and virtual consultations, rehabilitation recovery, long-term impact and immuno-preservation risk of re-infection.
The COVID-19 sessions will be free to access on the day from the official ERS Congress website home page, with ERS members only needing to log in to their myERS account. Non-members can create a myERS account for free and are encouraged to do so in advance. Recordings of the COVID-19 live programme will be made available to Congress registrants after the event.
The online platform which has been specially designed for the first ever virtual ERS Congress will be used to deliver the COVID-19 programme ahead of the main event on 7–9 September, which will also feature some of the latest data relating to COVID-19 as well as other key disease areas in respiratory medicine.
Registration for the ERS International Congress is open now with a rate of only €119 for ERS members or €159 for non-members.