CME Online: Cardiovascular comorbidities in COPD
22 January, 2019
The latest instalment in our CME Online module series is now available.
This module is guided by Professors Leonardo Fabbri and Claus Vogelmeier, and aims to highlight the complexity of the mechanisms that underly chronic dyspnoea in elderly patients with multimorbid conditions, particularly cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
Through interactive case simulations and an engaging case discussion, participants will learn to:
- Identify characteristics of dyspnoea and potential underlying history based on a patient's history;
- Revise and update previous diagnoses and treatment;
- Use repetitive testing such as spirometry before establishing a diagnosis of COPD / asthma and their role in dyspnoea;
- Identify the complexity of multimorbid elderly patients;
- Assess the effect of stepping up / down respiratory and cardiovascular treatment.
Participants with a myERS account will also be able to take a test on the topic at the end of the module, which is accredited with one CME credit. A CME certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the CME test.