2017 applications now closed
ERS Gold Medal in COPD
ERS presents this award to recognise excellence in the field of COPD research. The ERS COPD Gold Medal grants € 50,000 to a researcher who has made an outstanding contribution in the field of COPD and who is currently pursuing an active research project in COPD.
Researchers working in the fields of basic science, pathophysiology, epidemiology, prevention, clinical practice, diagnosis, treatment, or rehabilitation are all able to apply.
The award winner will be announced at the 2017 ERS International Congress in Milan (9-13 September 2017) during the Opening Ceremony.
- The Grant is exclusively reserved for candidates who are 55 years of age or under at the time of the application deadline. There are no geographical restrictions on applicants.
- People who have received an ERS Gold Medal previously, or any other ERS award or grant in the last three years, are not eligible to apply.
- The selection of the successful candidate will be made by the ERS Science Council. The Medal’s applications are judged independently of the sponsor on the basis of scientific merit.
- The Gold Medal funding must be used to support a research or training project in the field of COPD and will be entirely given to the institution at which the project is ongoing.
How to apply
- Applications/nominations for the 2017 Gold Medal in COPD are now closed.
- Read the Guidelines for the Gold Medal in COPD