Applications now open
ERS Gold Medal in Asthma
How to apply
- Read the Guidelines for the Gold Medal in Asthma
- Send the completed Application form to email@example.com by 14 February, 2019.
ERS presents this award to recognise excellence in the field of asthma research. The ERS Asthma Gold Medal grants € 50,000 to a researcher who has made an outstanding contribution in the field of asthma and who is currently pursuing an active research project in asthma.
Researchers working in the fields of basic science, pathophysiology, epidemiology, prevention, clinical practice, diagnosis, treatment, or rehabilitation are all able to apply.
The award winner will be announced at the 2019 ERS International Congress in Madrid (28 September - 02 October 2019) during the Opening Ceremony.
- The Grant is exclusively reserved for candidates who are 60 years of age or under at the time of the application deadline. There are no geographical restrictions on applicants.
- People who have received an ERS Gold Medal previously, or any other ERS award or grant in the last three years, are not eligible to apply.
- The selection of the successful candidate will be made by the ERS Science Council. The Medal’s applications are judged independently of the sponsor on the basis of scientific merit.
- The Gold Medal funding must be used to support a research or training project in the field of asthma and will be entirely given to the institution at which the project is ongoing.