The Education Programmes Director works in collaboration with the Education Council Chair, Directors, Council and ERS Staff. The Director is responsible for overseeing and providing strategic direction on all ERS’ live (synchronous) educational programmes and activities.
In addition, the Director is an educational advisor to the ERS international congress programme committee. Key topics covered include teaching, learning, evaluation, and faculty development.
- Oversee all synchronous educational programmes including virtual and onsite courses, webinars, and educational conferences, and all faculty development
- Be the first point of contact for programme organisers to advise on the various educational interventions
- Establish a quality improvement process to continually assess and improve the quality of ERS events (feedback on scientific content, delivery methods)
- Ensure that the educational programme and activity content and format are in line with ERS education strategy and specialist curricula
- Attend at least 4 synchronous events annually to directly observe the events to assist the ERS in the evaluation, and faculty development of these events.
- Ensure that the portfolio covers generic topics, and meets the needs of research scientists, allied respiratory professionals, primary care professionals, and physicians.
- Contribute to the ERS International Congress programme development as the Educational Programme Advisor (session development, reviewing, gap analysis, assessment, and feedback)
Teaching and learning
- Evaluate the teaching and learning opportunities and introduce technology and teaching methods appropriate for different learning styles and levels
- Strive for the highest quality of educational content and faculty and ensure that all courses are subject to appropriate evaluation
- Identify faculty development opportunities for faculty and assist the ERS office in the delivery of these interventions
- On average 2-3 hours per week reviewing emails, applications, and material
- ERS Education Council and Director meetings: approximately 15 meetings per year including 1 meeting alongside the ERS International Congress
- Liaison with ERS office: At least 1 conference call per month of 1-hour
Term of office
3-year mandate (non-renewable)
- Experience working with ERS Education, preferably at council level
- Ability to think strategically about respiratory medicine education
- Strong clinical experience
- Teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Availability to travel
- Experience working in English
View the role description as a pdf
To apply, please complete this application form and return it by email to: email@example.com by Friday, 1 July 2022