Registration is now open for the HERMES examination in adult respiratory medicine in India, taking place on 22 November 2020. To register for the examination please log into myERS
Upon successful completion of the exam, participants will receive a diploma in adult respiratory medicine and join our established group of ERS HERMES diplomates. The examination will take place at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre
Please note: The date of this event may change (if necessary) to accommodate any developments relating to COVID-19.
- Check your eligibility and prepare all necessary documentation for the European Diploma examination category here Only respiratory specialists who are members of ERS/ICS and are practicing/studying in India and its neighbouring countries can attend the examination in Kolkata 2020. Note: Each electronic document must be in pdf, jpg, doc, or docx, and should be no more than 2MB in size.
- Register online through your myERS profile. You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you have completed your online application.
- Your registration will be processed within 14 days. If your application has not been approved, you will be contacted by the ERS HERMES examination team via email.
- Registrations will close on 11 October 2020.
- Please note that applicants can only take one adult HERMES examination in 2020.
Examination format and preparation
The format is the same as the examination delivered during the annual ERS International Congress. The three-hour written examination is composed of 90 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in English.The MCQs are selected from the examination blueprint and are designed around the consensus-based European Syllabus in respiratory medicine. Find out more about the examination structure here. Find out more about examination preparation in our Preparation Guidebook.
The examination will take place on Sunday 22 November 2020 from 10:00 to 13:00. Approximately two weeks before the examination date, you will receive an invitation letter with a voucher (in pdf) via email, which enables you to enter the examination room. It also includes your unique seat number. A seating chart will be provided so you can find your seat quickly.
You are allowed to bring only the following mandatory items into the examination room: Printed voucher Identification document (passport, national ID or driver’s licence) We ask you to leave all other personal belongings (e.g. bags, smartphones, wallets, keys, food, drinks etc.) at your accommodation. Pencils, erasers and a water bottle for each candidate will be provided on-site.
Examination schedule – 22 November, 2020
08:00 Registration desk opens. It is mandatory that you sign in on arrival at the registration desk which is located in front of the examination hall. Please make sure that you are on-site by 09:30 at the latest.
09:30 Examination hall opens.
09:55 All participants to be seated and verbal instructions are given.
10:00 Examination begins. The examination room doors close.Late participants will not be permitted to enter.
13:00 Examination ends.