Eligibility and documentation
- You do not have to register for the ERS International Congress to sit the ERS HERMES examination
- Reduced fees are one of the many benefits of becoming a member. Find out more
- Additional reduced fees apply to candidates who are sent by their national societies to sit the examination as part of the final-year national exit examination. Find out more
For an additional €10, you can obtain CME credits for sitting the ERS HERMES examination.
You will receive:
- 51 CME credits if you sit and pass the European Diploma examination
- 6 CME credits if you sit the In-training or Self-assessment examination, or you sit and fail the European Diploma examination
The ERS HERMES examination delivered during the Congress is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP), and approved by the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and by the UEMS section of Pneumology.
Check your eligibility and prepare all necessary documentation for your examination category. Note: Each electronic document must be in pdf, jpg, doc, or docx, and be no more than 2MB in size.
Register online through your myERS profile. You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you have completed your online application.
Your registration will be processed within 14 days. If your application has been approved, you will receive an email with payment instructions. If your application has not been approved, you will be contacted by the ERS HERMES examination team via email.
- Your registration process is successfully finished once you receive a confirmation of received payment. Note: we advise you to start the registration process well in advance of the deadline, in case we encounter any issues with your application, and to prevent longer processing time before the registration deadline.
Terms and conditions
For full regulations regarding the ERS HERMES examination, check our Terms and conditions.