ERS and The Union Joint Public Health Fellowship in Respiratory Infections
The ERS and The Union Joint Public Health Fellowship in Respiratory Infections aims to build capacity in the area of respiratory epidemiological/public health, population-based research by providing a fellowship recipient with the opportunity of a 12-month fellowship based at one of The Union’s offices. The first pilot fellowship scheme will take place at The Union’s office in India, with one selected fellow starting a 12-month fellowship between 1 June and 1 November 2019.
Project Axshya, a unique civil society initiative, is implemented in India by The Union South East Asia Office supported by The Global Fund. The project is being implemented in 128 districts across 14 states to increase the visibility and accessibility of the TB program services, with special focus on marginalised and vulnerable communities who are at most at risk of developing TB.
The project’s key objective is early case detection through active case finding (ACF) among high risk population groups. The key interventions implemented include:
- Door-to-door screening of high risk population groups for TB
- Health camps in congregate settings like prisons, shelter homes etc.
- Fast tracking of presumptive TB patients in high case load health facilities.
- Active surveillance through village level volunteers in identified villages.
Please find further information in the Role Profile
The Union South East Asia office, New Delhi, India
12 months, full time (100%)
Terms and conditions
- MD/PhD/MPH/ MSc related to the field with a minimum of 1-2 years of working experience in public health and respiratory infections/diseases.
- At least one peer-reviewed publication on respiratory infections and public health.
- Must have current membership of ERS.
- Experience with project management and operational research will be an asset.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent computer skills: MS office and Epi-Info/EpiData
- Proficiency in using statistical tools like STATA or SPSS and experience in mathematical modelling is desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites.