The aim of this course is to provide a comprehensive overview of imaging of typical chest diseases. A broad spectrum of topics will be covered to enable participants to independently perform image interpretation. The course will include plenary sessions of lectures with question and answer sessions, interactive workshops and case discussion sessions.
An application will be made to EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
This course is designed for physicians who focus on the respiratory symptoms of patients, including respiratory physicians, and internal medicine specialists in general. Due to the multilevel approach, the course is appropriate for both clinicians with limited experience in imaging as well as those with advanced knowledge.
All topics of the course are demonstrated twice, first in a structured presentation and later on in interactive sessions in small groups. Participants can therefore interact with the imaging expert and also learn image interpretation by themselves.
- Chest radiograph & (HR)CT: technical aspects and interpretation, reduced lung density
- Infection: ground glass and airspace opacities
- Small and large airway diseases (including CF)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Immunocompromised patient
- Semiology of the diaphragm, mediastinum, left ventricle and aorta
- Semiology of the PA, right ventricle
- Congenital lung parenchymal and thoracic lesions
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify which imaging modality will best answer the clinical situation
- Differentiate typical findings on chest radiograph and (HR)CT
- Analyse and recognise patterns of interstitial lung diseases
- Identify typical characteristics of pneumoconiosis patients
- Recognise the best practice to work with immunocompromised patients
Adult Respiratory Medicine HERMES curriculum:
- Module 26: Imaging techniques
Paediatric Respiratory Medicine HERMES curriculum:
- Module D: Imaging