The Summer school of adult respiratory medicine is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of each of the major fields of respiratory medicine based on the HERMES syllabus. This course is aimed at all respiratory professionals wishing to update their knowledge, particularly those preparing for the European examination in adult respiratory medicine. The programme is designed to challenge participants and provide a learning framework including interactive sessions and MCQ discussion sessions.
An application will be made to the EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Summer school modules
- Pulmonary function testing
- Respiratory failure
- Lung imaging
- Respiratory infections and tuberculosis
- Pleural, mediastinal and chest wall diseases
- Thoracic tumours
- Airway diseases
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Sleep-related disorders
The course is delivered through different mediums including lectures, workshops and case based discussions. Educational materials will be distributed beforehand and registered participants will get a 50% discount on the ERS Handbook of Respiratory Medicine and Self-Assessment in Respiratory Medicine.
Following this course participants will gain detailed knowledge of:
- The major fields of respiratory medicine
- The HERMES syllabus modules
- Best practice in how to prepare for the European examination in adult respiratory medicine