This course will identify the different processes involved in diagnosing and managing various pulmonary vascular conditions. Diagnostic techniques and new treatment modalities will be discussed. Participants will also be provided with an understanding of the pathogenesis of these conditions.
An application will be made to EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
- Case presentations
- Respiratory clinicians
- Cardiology clinicians
- Clinical features of pulmonary hypertension
- Pathology of pulmonary hypertension
- Pathobiology of pulmonary hypertension
- Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism
- Case histories and practical problems in pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary hypertension in the ICU
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the diagnostic processes leading to a diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension/embolism
- Initiate appropriate investigations and understand the pathogenesis of the condition
- Understand the basis behind modern treatment of pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary thromboembolism
- Acquire skills to deal with practical problems in pulmonary hypertension
This course is fully funded for participants and will cover
- Registration fee
- Travel and accomodation (organised by ERS)
- Sustenance including breakfast, lunch and dinner
The application process to participate in this course is now closed. Notification to candidates will be sent by email early December. If you have any questions regarding the course or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.