The course will transmit knowledge and skills necessary for the management of bacterial, viral, fungal pulmonary and pleura infectious as well as pulmonary and intrapulmonary tuberculosis. The radiological and pathological differential diagnostic aspects will be explored. Moreover, the audience will be engaged in hand-on workshops in the field of pulmonary and pleural US and active case-based discussions.
In addition to these 3 days, a stand-alone day will be offered on Friday 29 May 2020, focusing on tuberculosis. Participants registered in the 3-day course will benefit from a discount of €100. Please register here.
An application for accreditation will be made to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the onsite course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
- Plenary sessions
- Interactive workshops and hands-on training
- Case presentations and discussion
- Advanced residents
- Bacterial pulmonary infections
- Viral pulmonary infections
- Invasive and non-invasive fungal pulmonary infections
- Pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis
- Complicated pulmonary effusions and empyema
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and treat several bacterial, mycobacterial, viral and fungal pulmonary and pleural infections.
- Gain knowledge on the management of particular patient populations such as patients after lung and stem cell transplantation, as well as those requiring palliative care due to multidrug resistant tuberculosis.