This course provides participants with an overview of the required technical skills in NIV as well as the fields of use and limitations of the different techniques. NIV is increasingly used in recent years, both in the acute and long-term setting. The severity of the patients treated has also increased, which makes an advanced course useful for many healthcare professionals.
An application will be made to EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
- Plenary sessions
- Interactive workshops and hands-on training
- Case presentations and discussion
- Pro-con debates
- Emergency medicine physicians
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Treat patients of different severity in varying settings.
- Improve their ability to face and overcome several factors influencing NIV outcome, also in patients with high complexity.
- Be updated about new trends and future perspectives of NIV.
Adult respiratory medicine HERMES syllabus:
- Module E1: Treatment modalities and prevention measures
Respiratory critical care HERMES syllabus
- Module 4: Ventilation and airway management
Respiratory physiotherapy HERMES syllabus
- Module 7: Non-invasive ventilation for the respiratory physiotherapist
Respiratory sleep medicine HERMES syllabus:
- Module 6: Treatment and follow-up