Guided by faculty experienced in flipped classroom, the participants will gain knowledge through interactive sessions and case presentations in the most recent data for histological molecular and genetic evaluation of lung cancer, the recent developments in thoracic surgery and radiotherapy and the changes of the treatment landscape of locally advanced and metastatic lung cancer. Moreover there going to get familiar with the basic principles of all involving specialties with a hands-on workshop and how to organize a real multi-disciplinary tumor board.
The main topics will be updates in lung cancer staging, diagnosis, pathology and molecular profile, novel therapies and changes in the therapeutic landscape, management of the immunotherapy-related adverse events, controversies in stage III, evaluation of mediastinum, organizing a multi-disciplinary tumor board.
This course is addressed to:
- Thoracic Surgeons
- Medical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists.
Interactive lectures and case presentations within multi-disciplinary board format, group workshops, live demonstrations and hands-on training.
Following the course, participants will be able to:
- Organise and participate in an multi-disciplinary tumor board by improving their knowledge in modern cancer treatment
- Recognise images from EBUS
- Become familiar with EBUS and ROSE techniques
- Evaluate patients that are candidates for surgery or concurrent chemoradiotherapy
- Understand the limitations and obstacles in the delineation of the radiotherapy target volume.