This course provides an overview of the field of Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILDs). Participants will learn which diagnostic procedures should be applied based on given clinical circumstances, and what difficulties can arise in ILD diagnosis. Special emphasis will be given to HRCT courses, as these typically guide the diagnosis of many ILDs; this will be accompanied by sessions on ILD-pathology. Therapy remains a challenging aspect of treating many ILDs, so this course will provide participants with insight into the pros and cons of specific ILD treatments. Interdisciplinary ILD board discussions will be held between specialists and course participants, and course attendees will have the opportunity to bring their own challenging cases and discuss them with leading experts. Further, there will be a dedicated discussion session on the impact of comorbidities on the clinical course of ILD treatment.
An application for accreditation will be made to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP). The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the onsite course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
The live stream has been granted 18 CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP). The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to the hours you are following the live stream. Please note that recordings of the live stream will be available after the course, however no credits will be awarded.
- Case presentations with interactive discussions
- Live transmissions
- Interactive workshops
- Pulmonologists in training
- Radiologists specialised in thoracic imaging
- Pathologists specialised in thoracic pathology
- Overview of different ILDs
- Diagnostic procedures in ILDs, including modern bronchoscopic techniques, HR-CT, pathology, pulmonary function testing
- Current, novel and future therapies
- Basic research in ILDs and its implications
- Significant comorbidities in ILDs
Following this course, participants will:
- Be able to diagnose ILDs correctly and be aware of the advantages and limitations of the different approaches
- Be familiar with the current standards and challenges of ILD treatment and promising new targets
Adult Respiratory Medicine HERMES curriculum:
- Module 9: Diffuse Parenchymal (Interstitial) Lung Diseases (ILD) and Orphan Lung Diseases (OLD)
Paediatric Respiratory Medicine HERMES curriculum:
- Module L: Rare diseases