The aim of this programme is to train qualified doctors to be able to independently and competently perform endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS). This three-part training programme will ensure that participants have all the necessary knowledge and skills required to obtain ERS certification in EBUS.
Qualified medical doctors with previous experience in:
- TNM classification of malignant tumours
- Staging patients - oncology and other conditions
PART 2 of the training programme includes clinical observations and intensive simulation training. Participants can complete the training in one of the training centres in either Heidelberg, Amsterdam or Copenhagen.
A maximum of 2 participants will complete the training per session. During this training participants will observe a number of procedures performed by experts in the field at their local endoscopy and bronchoscopy units.
During the simulator training the participant will perform a complete procedure including introduction of the scope, identification of the six anatomical landmarks in the correct order, checking for enlarged lymph nodes and obtaining two biopsies from one of the stations.To obtain certification of Part 2 participants will be asked to complete a simulator bassed assessment.
- Part 1 Medical doctors must have post-qualified experience of performing bronchoscopies, TNM classifications and patient staging.
- Part 2 Participants must have completed part 1 of the programme and obtained certification.
- Part 3 Participants must have completed part 1 and part 2 of the programme and obtained certification.
Learning outcomes and competencies
Following completion of this training programme, the participant should be able to:
- Independently assess patient history and results
- Identify indications and contraindications
- Perform independent procedures
- Interpret results and draw conclusions
For additional information please contact email@example.com