An application will be made to the EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
- Plenary sessions
- Question and answer sessions
- Small-group tutorials
- Interactive workshops and hands-on training
- Case presentations and discussion
- Panel discussions
- Pulmonary physicians
- Respiratory physiologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Trainees in the above specialities
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Review the basic principles of exercise physiology and physical activity.
- Identify the indications for exercise testing.
- Explain the rationale, the physiological effects and how to assess and perform exercise training.
- Apply different protocols for assessing exercise capacity and interpret their results.
- Understand the physiological significance of cardiopulmonary response profiles in the context of exercise protocols.
- Become familiar with the equipment involved in exercise testing.
- Describe and interpret the different exercise variables and indices.
- Describe methods for assessing physical activity.
- Optimise quality control and assurance of exercise testing.
- Evaluate the effects of therapeutic interventions.
Adult Respiratory Medicine HERMES syllabus:
- Module A1 - Structure and function of the respiratory system
- Module D1 - Pulmonary function testing
- Module E1 - Treatment modalities and prevention measures
- Module F - Core generic abilities
- Module H - Knowledge of associated fields relevant to adult respiratory medicine
Paediatric Respiratory Medicine HERMES syllabus:
- Pulmonary function testing
- Rehabilitation in chronic respiratory disorders
Physiotherapy HERMES syllabus:
- Exercise training and physical activity