Respiratory professionals are being offered the chance to join and contribute to an online platform connecting researchers, citizens, the media & policymakers across Europe to give everyone a chance to shape science policy.
ERS is a Knowledge Partner for the EU-funded platform ‘REIsearch’, which acts as a bridge that connects multi-stakeholders to discuss topics linked to scientific research and to societal challenges that Europe will face in the years to come.
The platform will be based around a number of ‘virtual clusters’, which represent different societal challenges. The first cluster ‘chronic diseases’ was launched in 2015 and ERS collaborated by sharing expertise so that sub topics of this cluster could be selected and defined.
The final sub-topics were selected based on their suitability for public engagement:
- Prevention is better than cure
- Citizen’s rights and responsibilities
- More and better data
- Oncology and gene therapy
- Join the REIsearch platform online discussion on chronic diseases
- Keep up to date with the project on social media: Twitter / Facebook
- Find out more about the project