As we witness, with great sadness, the continuation of the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, we call upon our members and the wider respiratory community to support humanitarian aid initiatives for Ukrainian people wherever possible. We provide here a list of initiatives giving support to refugees; providing medical aid packages; supporting paramedics and doctors on the front line; and offering emergency responses to children.
Alongside this call for support, the European Respiratory Society (ERS) is currently taking steps to suspend collaborations with Russian and Belarusian societies.
Please consider supporting one or more of these active humanitarian aid initiatives:
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund – United Nations
- UNICEF – Emergency support to conflict in eastern Ukraine
- UNHCR – The UN Refugee Agency
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- International Medical Corps
Access a collection of useful external resources under the topic of disaster medicine selected by officers of the European Respiratory Society.