Expert panellists discussed the value of rehabilitation as a treatment for breathlessness and the benefits for patients, the pros and cons of virtual consultations, and future needs.
Prevention of COPD exacerbations was also addressed, looking at opportunities for better patient management, adherence to treatment, and the effects of COVID-19.
In addition, learnings of the ERS Clinical Research Collaboration ‘Collaboration In COPD Exacerbations’ (CICERO) were discussed, as well as future research gaps.
- Emer Kelly – Consultant Respiratory Physician in St Vincent’s University Hospital in Dublin, Ireland
- Jørgen Vestbo – Professor of Respiratory Medicine at the University of Manchester, UK
- John Hurst – Professor of Respiratory Medicine at University College London, UK
- Wim Janssens – Pulmonologist and leader of the clinical COPD program at the University Hospitals of Leuven, Belgium
- Martijn Spruit – Professor in Rehabilitation Sciences at Maastricht University, The Netherlands