This live discussion focused on the experiences and learnings of specialists and patients in the fields of IPF, pulmonary hypertension, cystic fibrosis and bronchiectasis since the emergence of COVID-19.
- How the pandemic has affected follow-up and highly specialised care; a patient’s perspective.
- The results of a survey on European cystic fibrosis patients with COVID-19.
- Recent events in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis.
- The severity and outcomes of COVID-19 in patients with IPF.
- The impact of COVID-19 infection in patients with rare forms of pulmonary hypertension.
ERS President Elect Professor Marc Humbert and ERJ Deputy Chief Editor Professor James Chalmers led the discussion and were joined by:
- Ms Pisana Ferrari – Patient Advocate for Pulmonary Hypertension and Organ Donation/Transplant
- Professor Isabelle Fajac – President of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS)
- Dr Clémence Martin – Doctor of Pulmonology at Cochin Hospital, Paris
- Dr Pippa Powell – Director of the European Lung Foundation (ELF)
- Professor Vincent Cottin – Coordinator of the National Reference Centre for Rare Pulmonary Diseases at the Louis Pradel Hospital and the Claude Bernard University Lyon, France
- Professor Katerina Antoniou – Head of the Molecular and Cellular Pneumonology Laboratory at the University of Crete, Greece
- Professor Marion Delcroix – Head of Pulmonary Hypertension Program at the University Hospitals of Leuven, Belgium
- Mr Gergely Meszaros – Advocacy Manager at the European Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA Europe)