ERS elections are held annually and offer all ERS members the opportunity to have their say about the future leaders of our Society. Member votes are extremely important and we encourage all members to contribute. All current calls for candidates or voting opportunities will be updated on this page, so please check back regularly.
ERS Vice President 2020–2021
Voting is now open to elect the ERS Vice President for 2020-2021.
ERS members are encouraged to vote in these important elections, as the successful candidate will join the presidential cycle and successively become ERS President Elect and then ERS President. Learn more about the candidates:
Members can place their vote by visiting myERS and selecting the ‘Elections’ tab.
Voting closes on 23 August, 2020 and the results will be announced shortly after.
Latest results announcements
ERS congratulates all successful candidates and would like to thank all ERS members who nominated themselves or others to take up an active role within ERS. The successful candidates are:
- National Delegates, Assembly Heads and Secretaries, and Group Chairs and Secretaries - View the full list of successful candidates - announced on 17 January, 2020
- Secretary of Group 7.8 Lung and airway developmental biology - Adaeze Ayuk - announced on 21 January, 2020
- Early Career Committee Chair - Niki Ubags - announced on 18 March, 2020
ERS leadership elections
The ERS leadership elections are now closed and the candidates elected for the 2019/2020 period are:
- Vice President: Marc Humbert
- Advocacy Council Chair Elect: Arzu Yorgancioglu
- Publications Committee Chair Elect: Anh-Tuan Dinh-Xuan
- Education Council Chair Elect: Richard Costello
- Internal Auditors: Szymon Skoczynski & Argyris Tzouvelekis
For any queries regarding the ERS elections, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org