Abstract highlights from the ERS Congress 2019
4 March, 2020
Highlight articles on selected abstracts that were presented at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2019 are to be published in upcoming issues of ERJ Open Research, which focus on key topics of the ERS assemblies.
Over 22,000 delegates from 134 countries attended the Congress and more than 4,315 abstracts were accepted for presentation at the event. See the abstract highlights published in ERJOR so far:
- an update on the international ERS/American Thoracic Society guidelines on severe asthma;
- the challenges of assessing small airway disease in asthma and COPD;
- bronchiectasis: biomarker development, disease endotyping and the identification of treatable traits.
- the use of Big Data in epidemiology;
- the global burden of respiratory disease and tobacco.
Highlights from the General Pneumology Assembly, including:
- important issues in pulmonary rehabilitation and chronic care;
- research into the diagnosis and assessment of airway diseases;
- the birth of the special interest Group on m-health/e-health.
- the rapidly developing technology of single cell RNA sequencing;
- the mechanisms underlying healthy and abnormal early lung development;
- the powerful technology of metabolomics in capturing metabolic changes in health and disease.
More highlights from the ERS assemblies that focus on abstracts presented at the Congress will be published in ERJOR in the coming weeks.
The ERS assemblies serve as a forum to present and discuss new concepts and findings, particularly at the ERS International Congress. Learn more about all of the ERS assemblies and groups on our Society pages.