The Summer school of paediatric respiratory medicine is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of each of the major fields of paediatric respiratory medicine based on the HERMES syllabus. This course is aimed at all paediatric respiratory professionals wishing to update their knowledge, particularly those preparing for the European examination in paediatric respiratory medicine. The programme is designed to challenge participants and provide a learning framework including interactive sessions and MCQ discussion sessions.
An application will be made to EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Summer school modules
- Acute and chronic lung infections
- Airway endoscopy
- Congenital malformation
- Cystic fibrosis
- Evaluation of respiratory signs and symptoms
- Lung imaging
- Rare diseases and lung transplantation
- Rehabilitation in chronic respiratory disorders
- Sleep medicine
- Technology dependent children
- Wheezing disorders
The course is delivered through different mediums including lectures, workshops and case based discussions. Educational materials will be distributed beforehand and registered participants will get a 50% discount on the ERS Handbook of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine.
Following this course participants will gain detailed knowledge of:
- The major fields of paediatric respiratory medicine
- The HERMES syllabus modules
- Best practice in how to prepare for the European examination in paediatric respiratory medicine